Monday, July 11, 2011

Bacon and Avocado Breakfast Pizza

Breakfast pizza? Whhaaaa???

That's right folks, yesterday I got a bit crazy and put my breakfast ON A PIZZA. 

Only crazy people do this. 



Crazy people with an INCREDIBLE sense of taste!! 

Prepare to have your socks knocked off. 

Bacon and Avocado Breakfast Pizza
Time: 25 min.               CPS: $1.25                          L of D: Undergraduate

- Pizza Dough (I used 1/8 of a bag of fresh dough - found at Metro)
- 1 egg
- 2 strips of Bacon
- 1/2 an Avocado
- Handful of Spinach
- Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 

Roll out your pizza dough to your desired thickness. I prefer it a little bit on the thinner side because I like it crunchy. Place the dough on a baking sheet and set aside. 

Fry the strips of bacon in a pan, but not until they are done. Just about half way, when they are soft and starting to brown a bit. About 3-4 minutes on each side. Place them on some paper towel to drain out some of the excess oil. 

Cut your 2 strips of bacon in half so you have 4 pieces (feels like you have more that way) or even into smaller pieces. Scatter the bacon over your pizza dough. Place in oven on middle rack. In the meantime, crack an egg into a small bowl and let it hang out. 

Here comes the tricky part, and I say it is tricky because in my opinion, it really depends on what your oven feels like doing that day. The key is to knowing when to place your egg on the pizza. It depends on how well cooked you like your egg. For my oven (and I like a runny yolk), I had the pizza in the oven for about 10 minutes. I pulled it out and place the raw egg in the center of the pizza, I then put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes. For me - this worked out nicely. Put your egg in sooner if you like a harder yolk. Or even scramble it ahead of time and put it on the pizza after it is done. 
Slice avocado and scatter it over pizza along with some spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste (not to much salt because of the bacon.)

So... where are your socks? Knocked off I bet :P

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...