Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Homemade Berry Pancakes


Ahh... Sunday morning. The only day of the week I actually have some time to put some effort into breakfast.  But alas, an empty fridge leaves little to be desired. So what to do? What to make? Well I will be the very first to admit, I love pre-made pancake batter. You know, the ones you just add water to. Seriously they are easy and delish!

But today, I decide to take it one step further and try my hand at homemade pancakes. I have flour, I have eggs... so why not? The better question is, why not do this before? Super easy and super tasty, I topped them with a fruit mixture (a.k.a. whatever fruit I had) to add an extra zing!

Trust me, after you get a taste of these bad boys, you will never go back to the box stuff again!

Homemade Berry Pancakes

1-1 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
3/4 tsp of salt
1 egg
2-3 tsp of oil

Mix dry ingredients together (begin with 1 cup of flour). Add wet ingredients and mix until most of lumps are out. Here you may need to add more flour. Batter should be thick but not chunky.

Heat a skillet (or frying pan) to medium heat. Add oil to pan if it is not a non-stick pan. Pour batter into pan. When little bubbles begin to form on the pancake, and the out rim looks like they are beginning to turn golden, then you know it is time to flip!

Top with mixed berries and real maple syrup and you are ready to eat!!





1 comment:

  1. OMG Kells Bells... These pancakes look amazing!!!!!!! Can I come live with you?! :D
    -Michy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...