Friday, March 30, 2012

Hoisin and Garlic Baked Salmon


When I visit the parentals, I usually get a care package to take back with me made by my dad. It usually contains chicken, cheese and butter (as if I can't find that stuff where I live ahah). But this time, I got a real treat.

Salmon. 2 pieces to be exact.

 
Which used to be even better, but now I live with my bf and have to share the other piece with him. Dam... so many compromises.

 So I served this up with Quinoa with Edamame and Corn that I showed you last post. Yes I decided to break the dish into 2 seperate recipes, but in reality, I made it at the same time. Even though I have yet to master the art of timing... I somehow made it work.


Hoisin and Garlic Baked Salmon
Time: 25 mins (+ marinading time) CPS: $5.75 (or my case - free)       L of D: Graduate
  • 2 Pieces of Salmon
  • 1/2 Cup of Hoisin Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
  • 1 Tsp of Ginger, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
  • Hot Sauce (optional)

I think I used a lot more than 2 garlic cloves in this picture holy!
Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and olive oil. Place salmon pieces in a large dish and pour sauce over top. Turn salmon to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 1-2 hours, even overnight! But at least 30 minutes (which is what I did... obv).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Take salmon out of fridge, use a spoon and scoop up marinade and pour it over the top of the salmon. Put in oven for about 20 mins. This baking time will differ depending on size of salmon pieces. But when you think it is ready, you can use a fork and check that it flakes easily.

Serve this with a side, and perhaps a lime/lemon wedge to be extra fancy.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm that edamame and corn quinoa looks amazing under that salmon. I think I am going to try your glaze/marinade on tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually tried it with tofu before and I think it is amazing! Especially if you have the time to let it marinade and pan-fry it a bit so it gets golden brown on all sides. Let me know how it goes!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...