Thursday, January 13, 2011

Holiday Party

Every year, a bunch of my friends and I get together around the holidays. We drink some wine, share some laughs, exchange gifts and eat some really good food. This year is was no different except for the fact that I am sharing it with the world!  Well the blog world at least. Our holiday parties are always pot-luck style. We all try make sure there isn't a burden on one particular person and it ends up being a lot more fun this way. I wanted to share some ideas my friends have come up with, especially since no one is confined to making these just around the holidays!

Naomie's Cranberry and Pistachio Cheese Ball 

Jen's Taco Dip

Lindsay's Mini Potato Skins with Avocado Mousse
Meagan also contributed with delicious meatballs and a Spinach Salad with Pecans and Pomegranate Seeds. I am really sorry for not having any pictures of those, but trust me they were fantastic!

Holy moly everything was so amazing, and everyone was so impressed with everyone else! I guess no one expected to be eating as well as we did. I ate so much cheese... I think I felt that more than I felt the wine. 

Last but not least, I was in charge of dessert! In true Gourmet Student style, I needed to make something quick, easy and affordable, but still amazing. Which lead me straight to chocolate fondue! The combination of chocolate and cream makes for a delicate treat. I stocked up on fruits, marshmallows, peanuts, cookies and sprinkles to dip with and there wasn't an empty belly in the house!

All in all, we all had a great time, especially me because I think I landed the best gift during our gift grab ;) lol. 

So next time you are thinking of having a holiday party, or any type of party, try having a potluck! It keeps the cost down  for the host and it is a great way for your friends to share some personality through their food!

For recipes of any of the dishes made by my friends, please email me at thegourmetstudent@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...